Friday, January 05, 2007

Rings and Dresses and Dancing, oh my!

It's been a little while since I blogged anything. I've been holding back on you. I have much to tell but not much motivation to type it all. So I'll just get to the good stuff.


I'm engaged!
We're in planning mode now and it brings much joy and fun to my life. ALJ asked me in Chicago in a very beautiful setting, after much walking and parusing downtown. Prior to the moment we went to Tower Records, fun Italian Eatery, Happy Feet, nice Gardens. And THEN.... On one knee, he so graciously asked me to marry him... and with the most beautiful ring EVER! He picked it out himself. I was stunned.


Mom and I are doing our first mother/daughter bridal day tomorrow. I am so excited. She is too, which makes it all the more fun. I'll need her opinion on the wedding dress and flowers and decorations in general.I found bridesmaid dresses already. They're red. And fun. And the girls love them!! They're not those chinzy, expensive, boring, regular bridesmaid dresses you can find everywhere. I did my friends a favor and picked out dresses that could actually be worn for other occasions! Oh and at 1/3 the cost of fancy bridal shop prices.

There's a place near here that does formal dance lessons. I'm all over that. Especially when it comes to Swing, Salsa, and Ballroom. I've gotta check it out and fit it into our schedules.

I want to have everything planned by like February. (lofty goal) Who says you need a year long engagement? Boo on that. We're getting married in the summer.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Becca, Your Ring is BEAUTIFUL! I love it! I am sorry we missed you at Christmas. My mom drove us stark raving mad and we couldn't get away from her. (We are not staying with her any longer when we come home.) Anyway, give me a call when you get some time!
Frances

January 13, 2007 1:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE you darling. It was a good weekend. I'm enjoying planning the wedding with you it's great fun. I can't wait for it to be over and for us to be married.

Love
ALJ

January 13, 2007 8:05 PM  
Blogger Tracie said...

Congratulations!

January 18, 2007 11:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home