Saturday, September 02, 2006

Feeling Rather Grateful

I went to the library today and borrowed "Sixpence none the richer, the early years". Songs like Angeltread, Within a Room Somewhere, and Trust. Funny how the "early years" refer to the songs that were out when I was in high school. Still, whether someone considers them "old" or not, they are still great songs. So I came home and listened to it while taking a bath. I sat back and thought about all the things I'm grateful for. My mom was just handed a miracle from God in the form of a new kidney, (She feels GREAT!) I've got wonderful friends, an intelligent and loving boyfriend, a nice place to live (celebrating my first anniversary as a homeowner this weekend), and I truly love life. School started up again last week and I really like my professors. I've got an awesome mentor, Betsy, with whom I meet every week, a terrific job where I get to learn more about engineering and where they're flexible enough to let me take classes each semester. I just can't feel more blessed. Camp happened a couple weeks ago and I'm still thinking back upon the events that occured there, specifically, how God showed up. Church camp is a mission ground. Americans kids are just as hungry for the word of God and for an experience from Him as kids in other parts of the world. I wish that more emphasis was put upon the needs of those all around us when discussing the "mission field" rather than trips which require lots of cash and distant travel just to accomplish a "mission trip" in one's life.
If you'd like to work the mission field, come to camp with me next year. August 12-18th.

But I'm still grateful. Or Great-full.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home