Saturday, July 08, 2006

I'll take the Physical Challenge

There's a small group at church that I joined at the beginning of the summer. Every week, we bike around town preparing for a 60 mile trek coming up on July 22nd. The first ride I took was 16 miles long. I thought that was SO much biking. A couple weeks later, we biked 30 miles. I had never biked that much before It's a lot of fun though. And since we have something we are working toward, I'm inspired to work.
Yesterday, my boss and I were talking about losing weight. So we came up with this physical challenge. Since he needs motivation and a goal to get anything done (and I'm just like him in that aspect) we decided to set up a few weight goals. Over the next 12 weeks, with "weigh-ins" every 4 weeks, we're going to lose weight. My goal is 15 lbs. If I got down 20 lbs, I'd be at Mariah Carey weight (YES!). She is an inch taller than me though.
I'm glad this biking challenge is going to help me with the challenge my boss and I have. Because I've got fitness time already set aside for that goal.

If one person meets their goal and the other one doesn't, the loser pays the winner $50. If we both meet our goals, it's a wash. We had to put money on it. Otherwise, we wouldn't try as hard.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe we could open this up on the site, I could join too! (But, I don't want to be part of the 50 bucks deal!)

July 09, 2006 6:30 PM  
Blogger Marie Dysangco said...

Haha...physical challenge! I used to love Double Dare. Ron and I wanted to join it so badly! Anyway, stay motivated on the health stuff! I'm working on losing weight as well. Oh, and I don't use my blogger account currently, so please reroute your link to my Xanga. Miss you! Take care!

July 12, 2006 8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home