Sunday, February 19, 2006

Audible.com

Audio books are the best. They put actual adventure and education into my daily 2+ hrs in the car each day. They are far easier than reading books the old fashioned way. Whenever I sit down to read a book, I think of all the things I could be doing around my house and have a hard time focusing. That, or I feel guilty for not doing homework. But in the car, there's no choice to do homework. I must just SIT there. So, audible.com has been a new-found interest. You download books, then put them on whatever you want. For me, I have a few choices: I can put it on a CD, palm pilot, or even my Sony Mini-Disc player. (Yea, it's out of date, but I love the 2-year old technology!)
Andy, being the tech genius that he is, (*cough* Geek!) has a video ipod. Ever since Christmas, he's been showing all his love to this gadget as he demonstrates all the amazing things that it does. In front of me. Not till just recently did I start to want one myself. Up to this point, I had been satisfied with my old-school techie ways.

But yesterday, while being in the mall and feeling the shopping bug, wanted to just find a place that sells these addictive toys and just GET ONE. I thought, "I'm going on spring break next week... I could really use it then." Funny how a want becomes a need rather quickly in one's mind. I ended up resisting the temptation and went over to see the boy.

I walked in and told him about how I really just wanted to get one and whether he would consider going RIGHT THEN to get one.
He calmly said, "Yeah, we could do that... I just want to show you something on my computer really quick... And then we can talk about going to town." I went to look at his screen, and he brought up the email receipt showing that he was having one sent to him - just for me - to arrive this week.
I couldn't believe it. There's no holiday, no occasion.. No reason at all, other than the fact that he said he was going crazy knowing I didn't have one, and that they were so wonderful, and he couldn't take it anymore.

GEEK =

Generous
Even-Keeled
Eccentric
Kangaroo

1 Comments:

Blogger dmh said...

HEY! Come visit me!

February 23, 2006 12:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home