Saturday, February 04, 2006

Songs I Love / Songs I Hate

OVERPLAYED SONGS I LOVE
Feelin' Good- Gorillaz
Don't Lie- Black Eyed Peas

OVERPLAYED SONGS I HATE

"Because of You" -Kelly Clarkson

This should be voted the Pity Party Song of the Year. "Because of you my life sucks. .. Thanks to you I'm a loser,boo hoo hoo" Those aren't really the lyrics. But one part does go, "Because of you I'm ashamed of my life because it's empty." Kelly, can't you just take ownership of your own actions rather than place blame? If you blame someone else because YOUR life is empty,does that really make you feel any better?
I must give her some credit. She does have a great voice. And most of your songs are pretty good. (aside from being overplayed on the radio-so much so it makes you want to drive into a ditch if they play another Kelly Clarkson song) but this one ranks HIGH on my Most Hated Songs list.

Then there's "Photograph" - by Nickelback

Who CARES if you're looking through old photographs and reminscing? Must you sing about it? And with such unoriginal chord progression and overly predictable melody? It's as if we're getting an audio tour of the scrapbook of some stranger every time we hear this song. Which,for me is DAILY- and NEVER willingly. So, why is this song popular again?? I like Nickelback as a whole and they've had some decent songs in the past..but this one has eaten away at my sciatic nerve. I can't take it anymore. And NO, I won't' look at this photograph.' It's a SONG. I can't SEE things through my radio.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog hit me. I was feeling down because of what someone else is doing and how if affects me. Yuk yuk.
About the songs, how about trying a different station, or popping in a CD?

February 04, 2006 11:10 AM  
Blogger Seeker said...

Aww, c'mon Becca.

You're not supposed to visualize the lyrics of the song; it's supposed to invoke nostalgia in the listener. The chords and the melody just ooze of nostalgia!

Of course, I don't listen to the radio so, contrary to your situation, it's almost a treat each time I catch this song.

On closer observation, though, I think this song may be aimed at males. The lyrics are reminiscent of a boys youth, and things that a man might yearn to experience again. Maybe the song is particularly stale to women...

Hey, my site statistics say that about 8% of my hits are directed from your blog! That means that either; A. a lot of people are visiting my site from your blog, or B. not many people visit my site at all and a precious few of them are from your blog... Unfortunately, it's probably the latter.

Take care Becca!


Zach

February 06, 2006 7:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home